Finding accurate information and guidance, particularly about the options you have for breast reconstruction, can be more difficult than expected.
What questions should I ask my breast reconstruction surgeon?
It is important the plastic surgeon you choose is very open and clearly answers all your questions – but what are the questions you should ask? These are a list of some important questions a plastic surgeon or their staff should be able to answer easily if you are considering surgery:
- What types of breast reconstruction do you offer?
- How many breast reconstruction surgeries have you personally performed?
- How many flap surgeries have you performed?
- What is your success rate with breast reconstruction?
- Do you know how to perform the DIEP flap?
- Do you participate in my insurance plan?
- Have you been trained in microvascular surgery and breast reconstruction?