Please bring the following items with you on the day of surgery:
- Your insurance card
- Your identification (driver’s license)
- Eyeglasses (no contacts)
- Shower as directed. Use an anti-bacterial, fragrance-free soap. Shampoo your hair. Do not use any hair gel or other styling products, scented skin creams or moisturizers. Do not use any hair spray, gel, perfume or cosmetics.
- Do not eat or drink anything after 12 pm. No candy, gum or mints. Anything more than a small amount of water as needed for brushing teeth or swallowing medication may result in the need to cancel surgery.
- Dress appropriately. Do not wear cosmetics, jewelry of any kind, contact lenses, hair clips, body piercing:. (If there is something you cannot remove, let the admitting nurse know right away.)
- Wear comfortable, clean, loose-fitting clothing. Wear only a top that zips or buttons up the front. Do not wear pullovers, turtlenecks, or any tight-fitting top or bottom. You may wear a robe. Wear slip on shoes. Wear clean cotton socks, as the operating room can feel cool.
For any further questions, contact your plastic surgeon.