Injection therapy to enhance and augment soft tissue of the face is a non-invasive, in-office treatment. Included are normal experiences and observations of treatment.
After Your Treatment
Whether this is your first treatment with a soft tissue filler, or a subsequent treatment, follow these instructions precisely:
- You may gently dab on concealing cosmetics, but do not rub or apply pressure to the treated area. In some cases, you may be instructed to massage the treatment area. In other cases, you will be instructed not to massage the area at all. Follow directions for massage explicitly. Call our office if you have any questions.
- Do not wear a hat, headband or any other garment or accessory that may put pressure on the treatment region in the first few hours after treatment.
The following are normal experiences that can occur following treatment:
- Tenderness or bruising at the injection site may last several days to a week.
- Swelling will resolve within the first few days after injections.
- Asymmetry is possible: opposite sides of your face, and different facial regions may react differently including swelling and bruising. This is normal. If asymmetry is severe, is accompanied by acute localized pain, or is not corrected with 7-10 days following your injection, contact our office immediately.
- If you develop any nodules, lumps or uneven appearance in the skin, please call our office immediately.
To alleviate any discomfort, and to reduce potential swelling you may gently, and without pressure, apply cool, not cold compresses to the treatment site. Crushed ice or ice packs must be wrapped in a towel before being applied to the skin. Do not apply ice or anything frozen directly to the skin. Apply cool compresses for no longer than 20-minute intervals.
You may also take over the counter pain medication if you experience any discomfort such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.